If you’re looking to elevate your cooking skills and impress your guests with a restaurant-worthy dish, then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of crafting a scrumptious culinary masterpiece: NY Steaks with a delightful mushroom topping. From the juicy steaks to the golden mushrooms, this recipe is a symphony of flavors that will tantalize your taste buds and leave you craving for more. Follow along as we break down the preparation into easy-to-follow steps and let your inner chef shine.
Indulge in the rich, succulent taste of perfectly cooked NY Steaks accompanied by a medley of earthy mushrooms. This dish offers a harmonious blend of flavors and textures, with tender steaks complemented by the umami goodness of sliced mushrooms. You’ll be amazed at how a few simple ingredients can come together to create a culinary masterpiece.
- 2 NY Steaks
- 1 – 8 oz package of sliced mushrooms (about 3 cups)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Prepare the Steaks:
- Remove the NY steaks from the refrigerator and let them sit at room temperature for approximately 30 minutes. This allows the meat to cook more evenly. Pat the steaks dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture, ensuring a better sear.
- Rub each side of the steaks with the fresh sprig of rosemary to infuse them with its aromatic flavors.
- Drizzle avocado oil over the steaks, then generously season both sides with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Sear the Steaks:
- Heat a skillet or cast-iron grill pan over medium heat. Make sure the pan is thoroughly heated before adding the steaks. You should hear a sizzling sound when the steaks touch the pan.
- Carefully lay the seasoned steaks onto the hot pan and let them cook for about 3 minutes on one side. This will create a nice sear and caramelization.
- Flip the steaks using tongs and cook for another 3 minutes on the other side.
- Add Butter and Garlic:
- After flipping the steaks, add 2 tablespoons of butter and the minced garlic to the pan.
- Begin spooning the melted butter over the steaks to baste them as they continue to cook. This enhances their flavor and moisture.
- Continue cooking the steaks for an additional 3 minutes or until they reach your preferred level of doneness. Use a heat protectant if needed while tilting the pan to scoop and pour the butter over the steaks.
- Cook the Mushrooms:
- Once the steaks are done, remove them from the pan and set them aside on a plate. Lower the heat to medium-low and add another 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan. Allow the butter to melt.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, minced garlic, dried thyme, a pinch of salt, and cracked black pepper to the pan.
- Stir the mushrooms to coat them with the flavorful butter and spices. Allow them to cook until they turn golden and tender.
- Arrange the cooked NY steaks on serving plates.
- Spoon the garlic butter mushrooms generously over the steaks, allowing the rich flavors to meld.
- Serve your delectable pan-seared NY steaks with garlic butter mushrooms as a main course, accompanied by your favorite sides.
Enjoy your homemade gourmet meal that’s bursting with savory goodness and elegant presentation!
Q: Can I use a different cut of steak for this recipe? Absolutely! While NY Steaks work wonderfully for this dish, you can also use ribeye, filet mignon, or sirloin for equally satisfying results.
Q: Is it necessary to bring the steaks to room temperature before cooking? Yes, allowing the steaks to reach room temperature ensures even cooking. Cold meat tends to cook unevenly, which may result in an overcooked exterior and an undercooked interior.
Q: Can I use fresh thyme instead of dried thyme? Certainly! Fresh thyme can add a vibrant and aromatic flavor to the dish. Use about 3 times the amount of fresh thyme compared to dried thyme.
Q: What sides pair well with this dish? Creamy mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a crisp green salad make excellent accompaniments to the NY Steaks with Mushroom Delight.
Q: Can I substitute olive oil for avocado oil? Yes, olive oil can be used as a substitute for avocado oil. However, avocado oil has a higher smoke point, making it suitable for high-heat cooking.
Q: How can I ensure the mushrooms are cooked perfectly? Allow the mushrooms to cook until they turn golden and release their moisture. Avoid overcrowding the pan, as this can lead to steaming rather than browning.
Creating a delicious and impressive dish doesn’t have to be complicated. With our step-by-step guide, you can effortlessly prepare NY Steaks with Mushroom Delight that will leave your taste buds dancing with delight. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or hosting a gathering, this recipe is sure to be a hit. So put on your chef’s hat, gather the ingredients, and embark on a culinary adventure that will elevate your cooking skills and impress your guests.