Prepare to embark on a delightful culinary journey as we unveil the secrets of crafting the perfect EMERALD Green VELVET Cake. This delectable treat is the ultimate dessert to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. With its vibrant green hue and sumptuous flavor, it’s bound to become the star of your festive spread. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the process step by step, ensuring that your EMERALD Green VELVET Cake turns out nothing short of perfection.
Ingredients You Need
Before we dive into the step-by-step instructions, let’s gather all the ingredients you’ll need to create this exquisite cake. Ensure that all the components are at room temperature for the best results.
- 113g (8 Tbsp) butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 245g (1 cup) buttermilk
- 1 Тbsp vinegar
- 3 Тbsp ground white chocolate (optional, but recommended, try to find the one with real cocoa butter)
- 300g (2 ½ cups) cake flour (all-purpose is fine too)
- 225g (1 ⅛ cup) sugar
- 6 tsp blue butterfly pea powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5g (1 tsp) baking soda
- 740ml (3 cups) cold heavy cream
- 65g (1/2 cup) powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 170g (6oz) blueberries (important – blueberries serve as structural pieces to hold the cake up)
- Crumbs from cake scraps
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh strawberries
Now, let’s embark on the journey of creating your EMERALD Green VELVET Cake. Follow these step-by-step instructions carefully to achieve a delicious masterpiece that will leave your guests in awe.
Step 1: Preheat and Prepare
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour three 8-inch round cake pans.
- In a small bowl, mix the buttermilk and blue butterfly pea powder until well combined. Set it aside; this will give the cake its vibrant green color.
Step 2: Cream the Butter and Sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and vinegar, continuing to mix until well incorporated.
Step 3: Combine Dry Ingredients
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cake flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk mixture, starting and ending with the dry mixture. Mix until just combined.
Step 4: Bake the Cakes
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Step 5: Prepare the Filling
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cold heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Whip the mixture until stiff peaks form, creating a luscious whipped cream.
Step 6: Assemble the Cake
- Once the cakes are completely cooled, level the tops if necessary.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate and spread a generous layer of whipped cream on top.
- Add a layer of fresh blueberries, ensuring they are evenly distributed.
- Repeat this process with the remaining layers, stacking them on top of each other.
Step 7: Decorate
- Crumble the cake scraps to create crumbs.
- Decorate the top and sides of the cake with the crumbs, fresh blueberries, and fresh strawberries.
Step 8: Enjoy!
- Slice and serve your EMERALD Green VELVET Cake to your delighted guests. Watch their faces light up as they savor each delightful bite of this St. Patrick’s Day masterpiece.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a different food coloring instead of blue butterfly pea powder? Yes, you can use green food coloring if you prefer. However, using natural ingredients like blue butterfly pea powder is recommended for a unique color and flavor.
Can I substitute fresh blueberries in the filling with frozen ones? Yes, you can use frozen blueberries, but make sure to thaw and drain them before using to prevent excess moisture.
Do I have to use white chocolate in the cake? While it’s optional, using white chocolate adds a delightful depth of flavor to the cake. We recommend including it for the best taste.
How should I store the leftover cake? Store any leftover cake in the refrigerator to keep it fresh. It’s best when consumed within a few days.
Can I make the cake in advance for St. Patrick’s Day? Yes, you can prepare the cake layers in advance and store them in an airtight container until you’re ready to assemble and decorate it.
Can I use this recipe for cupcakes instead of a layered cake? Certainly! You can adapt this recipe to make delicious EMERALD Green VELVET cupcakes by adjusting the baking time accordingly.
Creating an EMERALD Green VELVET Cake for St. Patrick’s Day is a delightful endeavor that combines visual appeal with exquisite flavor. With our step-by-step instructions and helpful tips, you’ll be well on your way to baking a cake that’s not only a treat for the taste buds but also a feast for the eyes. So, gather your ingredients, follow our guidance, and get ready to impress your friends and family with this sensational dessert.