If you’re looking to impress your guests with a festive and refreshing drink, then Thanksgiving Red Cranberry Sangria is the perfect choice. This delightful concoction brings together the rich flavors of Winter Red and Cranberry Wine with the zesty kick of Grand Marnier and the refreshing fizz of ginger beer. The addition of fresh oranges and pomegranate seeds adds a burst of color and taste to the mix, making it a visually appealing and delectable drink for any occasion.
Ingredients You Need
To make this Thanksgiving Red Cranberry Sangria, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 bottle Winter Red
- 1 bottle Cranberry Wine
- 1 cup Grand Marnier
- 2 oranges, cut into wheels
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds or Craisins
- Ginger beer
- Optional garnish: cranberry and rosemary
Step 1: Prepare the Fruits
Start by cutting two fresh oranges into wheels. The citrusy flavor of oranges complements the richness of the wines and adds a refreshing touch to the sangria. Additionally, gather fresh pomegranate seeds or Craisins for an extra burst of sweetness and color.
Step 2: Mix the Wines and Grand Marnier
In a large pitcher, combine fruits, one bottle of Winter Red and one bottle of Cranberry Wine. These wines are the heart of the sangria and provide the perfect base for the flavors to meld together. To add a touch of elegance and complexity, pour in one cup of Grand Marnier, a smooth and flavorful orange liqueur.
Step 3: Let It Rest
Cover the pitcher and let the sangria rest for at least an hour or up to a day in the refrigerator. Allowing the mixture to sit will let the flavors marry and intensify, resulting in a well-balanced and delicious sangria.
Step 4: Serve and Garnish
When ready to serve, fill glasses with ice and pour the chilled sangria over it. Top each glass with ginger beer, adding a delightful effervescence to the drink. For an optional garnish, spear a cranberry on a sprig of rosemary and place it on the rim of each glass. This garnish adds a touch of elegance and makes the drink visually appealing.
- Can I use different wines for this sangria?
- Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different red wines to suit your taste preferences. You can try using a Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, or any other red wine that you enjoy.
- Is there a non-alcoholic version of this sangria?
- Yes, you can create a non-alcoholic version by substituting the wines and Grand Marnier with non-alcoholic alternatives. Use grape juice or cranberry juice instead of the wines and orange juice for the Grand Marnier.
- Can I make this sangria in advance?
- Yes, this sangria can be prepared a day in advance and stored in the refrigerator. This allows the flavors to meld together, resulting in a more flavorful and well-balanced drink.
- What other fruits can I add to the sangria?
- You can get creative and add a variety of fruits, such as apples, berries, or even pineapple. The key is to use fruits that complement the flavors of the wines and add a burst of freshness.
- Can I adjust the sweetness of the sangria?
- Absolutely! If you prefer a sweeter sangria, you can add a touch of honey, agave syrup, or simple syrup to the mix. Adjust the sweetness to your liking.
- Is ginger beer necessary for the recipe?
- While ginger beer adds a unique and zesty element to the sangria, you can omit it if you prefer a non-fizzy version. The sangria will still be delicious and flavorful.
Now that you have this comprehensive step-by-step guide, making Winter Red Cranberry Sangria is a breeze. Impress your friends and family with this delightful and visually stunning drink at your next gathering. The combination of Winter Red, Cranberry Wine, Grand Marnier, and fresh fruits creates a harmonious blend of flavors that will leave your taste buds tingling with joy. Whether it’s a holiday celebration or a casual get-together, this sangria is sure to be a hit. So, raise your glasses and cheers to good times and great company!