Do you want to spread some holiday cheer through baking but think it’s too complicated? Well, get ready to be amazed! In this article, we’re diving into the world of baking with delightful “Confetti Cookies” recipe. These festive treats are the perfect addition to your Christmas celebrations, and the best part? You don’t need to be a seasoned baker to nail this recipe. With a handful of ingredients and simple steps, you’ll be baking up a storm and enjoying scrumptious Confetti Cookies in no time.
Ingredients that Make Magic Happen
Alright, let’s gather all the goodies you’ll need to create these merry delights. Here’s your shopping list:
- 1 box (18.25 oz) vanilla/white cake mix, such as Duncan Hines
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable/canola oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sprinkles
Step-by-Step Instructions: Baking Your Way to Bliss
Follow these easy-peasy steps to bake your very own batch of Confetti Cookies:
- Preheat the Oven: Fire up your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). This will be the magical temperature where your cookies will transform into festive goodness.
- Prepare the Dry Mix: In a mixing bowl, combine the vanilla/white cake mix and the baking powder. Give it a good whisk to ensure they’re well incorporated. It’s like mixing the base for all the joy to come!
- Mix in the Wet Ingredients: In a separate bowl, crack in those large eggs. Pour in the vegetable/canola oil or melted coconut oil (whichever tickles your fancy) and the pure vanilla extract. Mix it all together until it’s as smooth as a winter wonderland.
- Combine Dry and Wet Magic: Now, slowly pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Give it a good stir until they’re all happily married. This is where the real party starts!
- Add Some Sparkle: It’s time to make these cookies truly magical. Gently fold in those celebratory sprinkles. Watch as the batter transforms into a confetti-infused masterpiece!
- Shape and Bake: Roll the mixture into small, one-inch dough balls. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Give them a little space to spread their wings. Pop them in the preheated oven and let them bake for about nine minutes. While they bake, your kitchen will fill with the aroma of happiness.
- Let Them Cool and Enjoy: Once they’re out of the oven, let your Confetti Cookies cool for a bit. As they rest, they’ll become soft and irresistibly chewy. Once they’re at the perfect temperature, grab a cookie (or two) and take a bite. You’ve officially mastered the art of baking Confetti Cookies!
EASY CHRISTMAS COOKIES RECIPE | WHAT’S FOR SANTA? | BAKE WITH ME
FAQs: Your Burning Questions, Answered
Q: Can I use different flavors of cake mix? A: Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different flavors to create your own unique twist on these cookies.
Q: Can I use margarine instead of oil? A: While oil is recommended for this recipe, you can try using melted margarine. Keep in mind that the texture might vary slightly.
Q: How long do these cookies stay fresh? A: When stored in an airtight container, these cookies can stay fresh for up to a week. But trust us, they rarely last that long!
Q: Can I freeze the dough for later? A: Yes, you can! Simply shape the dough balls, place them on a baking sheet, freeze until solid, and then store them in a zip-top bag. Bake straight from the freezer when needed.
Q: Can I add nuts or chocolate chips? A: Absolutely! Feel free to add your favorite mix-ins to the dough before shaping and baking.
Q: Can kids help with making these cookies? A: Absolutely! These cookies are a fantastic way to introduce kids to the joy of baking. Let them have a blast mixing, folding, and shaping the dough.
Baking Confetti Cookies is a delightful adventure that promises joy and deliciousness in every bite. With simple and festive recipe, even non-bakers can create these soft, colorful treats. The process is a breeze, and the results are heartwarming – perfect for adding a touch of magic to your Christmas celebrations. So why wait? Gather your ingredients, preheat that oven, and let the baking begin!